Monday, March 12, 2012

No voice, no problem

Being sick is pretty crappy to being with. Being sick while studying abroad is pretty crappy x2. I guess going out every day and night for a few weeks and lack of sleep would cause most people to get sick at some point so it was only a matter of time before it hit me. I woke up a few days ago and my voice was completely gone. It was actually so bad that I had to have my roommate order a drink for me at the pub because no one could hear anything I said...Probably wasn't the best idea to go out when I was feeling sick but I learned my lesson. Been taking it easy the past few days and resting up so I get better. One major highlight of my weekend was definitely the Future Music Festival here in Sydney. On Saturday a bunch of my friends and I went to the huge music festival that lasted from 8:00am - 10:30pm. There were about 10 different stages and 3 of which were the main stages where top performers had their set times. Although many people reading this will have no clue what I am talking about, some of the performs I got to see were Fatboy Slim, Skrillex, Swedish House Mafia, and Paul Van Dyk. Those shows were absolutely awesome and it was even cooler because a lot of these performers do not normally come to the US. There were also some smaller stages where a DJ would play and they had foam parties and people would pretty much just go insane. My favorite part of the night for sure was when it got dark out and the stages would have different light shows. Definitely made the shows a lot more enjoyable and the party atmosphere was unmatchable. I had gone to a few music festivals before in the US including IDentity Fest and Dayglow but this was much different. Being in a different country with people of a different culture was pretty cool because a lot of people acted differently and even danced differently than people do back home. Plus, Australians are a lot more friendly so we made a lot of new friends and the social aspect was pretty cool as well. By the end of the night I was pretty exhausted so I grabbed a bus home and on the way stopped at my new favorite burrito place of all time. It is similar to a Calientes from back home but I think it is much better. It is called Guzman y Gomes and they have some of the best Mexican food that I have ever had. Australia may be far from Mexico but they still know how to make a mean burrito! Also, I made my official plans for mid-semester break AKA Spring break! I will be flying out of Sydney on April 6th with a huge group of my new friends to Christchurch, New Zealand. We will be roughing it for about a week, staying at hostels all over the South Island. Although I will have many more details to come in future blog posts, the majority of the trip will consist of extreme sports and activities such as Bungee jumping, hiking, white water rafting, kayaking, zip lining, and much much more. I will be returning back to Sydney on April 14th but I encourage you all to keep checking out the blog around the time I get back because I will be posting some awesome pics from my trip! That's about it for now. Hope everyone back home on the East Coast is enjoying the nice weather I keep hearing about. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment