A Blog dedicated to my upcoming study abroad adventure in Sydney, Australia. I will upload photos, videos, and stories about the people I meet, places I visit, and other adventures I embark on. This will most likely be my place for ranting and venting about school work at Macquarie University as well. Feel free to comment on any post with questions, thoughts, or ideas.
Sunday, February 19, 2012
It's not wrong...It's just different.
The past few days have been jam packed with cool stuff. Yesterday was the Amazing Race around Sydney and at night we took a cruise around the city on the Sydney 2000. The Amazing Race consisted of about 24 teams of 4 and it was pretty much just like the show. We got clues and had to race around the city to get to the different checkpoints. The team that came in first won a dinner at the Sydney Opera house. Unfortunately we didn't win since I completely misread one of the clues and ended up dragging my team all the way to Bondi Beach...woops...But one thing I took away from the challenges was NEVER ever EVER ever eat Vegemite. Most repulsive excuse for food that could have ever been created. The harbor cruise was absolutely beautiful. We all got spiffed out in our Saturday nights best and got to experience the city and its sights at night. After the cruise a few of us decided to hit the harbor and check out some of the night life in the area. Cargo Bar was a blast. I love how everything around here is all wide open. You're not stuck in a hot box crammed in with 400 other sweaty people. The bars and lounges are all wide open with decks, balconies, or are just completely out doors. The one funny part is that they seem to not only love American music, but American music from the late 80's and early 90's. Every once in a while they will throw in some new stuff to spice it up though. Today was pretty hectic. I finally met up with my roommates for the semester (who are wild and absolutely awesome) and we moved into our highrise apartment in Bondi Junction. The apartment is gorgeous and the view is even more amazing than I thought possible. Not quite sure what the night has in store for us quite yet but seeing as these guys clearly know how to have a good time, I am confident I wont be disappointed. Tomorrow (depending on when I can get up) I am hoping to get out to Bondi Beach and go for a solid run along the ridiculous cliff walk. Until then, I am signing off. Missing all of my friends and family back in the states and I love and appreciate you all more so now than ever but no dramas! Cheers mate!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment